What is SER and why would I need it?
In Scotland, all new build homes, and certain other projects too, require that appropriate structural calculations are carried out to ensure the safety of the build. These calculations form the basis for a Structural Engineers Registration (SER) design certificate and are submitted with your building warrant application.
How can ACJ help?
ACJ Design offers a full range of structural and engineering services, from timber frame calculations, steel calculations, site investigations and SER engineers. We can provide these services to new builds and existing developments, ensuring that all your information, calculations and plans are correct and that your design certificate is appropriate for your project prior to warrant submission.
We’ll carry out the following services and provide the relevant information that can be used at warrant application stage, if required.
– Timber frame structural designs
– Timber frame engineering and calculations
– Site investigation reports
– SER engineering for extensions and new builds
– Site visits/investigation to check existing property
– Foundation layouts, including specifications
– Floor plans & specifications
– All key structural timber frame junctions
– Sections with all specifications and connections shown
– Timber frame design when required
– Floor joist layouts, specifications and calculations
– Roof truss layouts, specifications and calculations
Safety, standards and your budget
We don’t cut corners, but we know you have a budget to keep to. We always advise on cost-effective options while still remaining well within national and European safety standards. All our structural calculations are in accordance with the relevant BSI standards and we are fully insured.